Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Decompression Surgery

This was taken this morning right before she went into surgery. It feels like three days ago! It has been a stressful day, to say the least, but she is doing good so far. The surgery was longer than the others, so that was probably what was stressing us out the most. On one hand, I know Hadley is only 9 months old and won't remember any of this, which is comforting, but on the other it just hurts not to be able to explain it to her. The other hard part is not being able to hold her. She has to lay flat for 3 days I believe..? I think this is the most crucial part of the surgery. It's very important not to move her, so that she and the graph heal like they are supposed to. The problem is,  you just want to hold and comfort her. Luckily the motrin and tylenol is helping to ease the pain. One very positive thing is the incredible amounts of formula she is consuming! I think the nurses are amazed at how much she has put down after having such a big surgery. They tried to just giver her clear liquids for awhile but she was not hearing that!

We are in the ICU for the night and should move to a regular room tomorrow. I will say, staying in the ICU has it's perks. The nurses are changing all her diapers....I could get used to this! She is now sleeping and I think I will too. Hopefully we can get through the night without too much discomfort. Thanks for all the lovely prayers and messages sent our way today. We are truly blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment